This exercise is based on letting go of any unwanted feelings or thoughts that does not uplift you or make you feel good.
“Breath is the bridge which connects life to consciousness, which unites your body to your thoughts. Whenever your mind becomes scattered, use your breath as the means to take hold of your mind again.” -Thích Nhat Hanh
1. Find a quiet place to sit without any distractions. (An example of a position can be to sit spine straight up in a chair with both feet flat on the ground as hands are relaxed on lap).
2. Close your eyes.
3. Take 4 slow deep belly breaths in through your nose and exhale slowly through your mouth to relax yourself. (Take as many deep breaths as needed to get yourself in a relaxed state; each person is different so do what works for you).
4. Continue deep slow breathing and…
5. Visualize a balloon floating in the air with a string tied to the balloon, with the other end of the string tied to your heart.
6. Feel whatever the not-so-good feeling or thought is that you are experiencing that you would like to release and let go of.
7. Now imagine and visualize that not-so-good feeling or thought inside the balloon. (It can be a person’s face, a name, a memory, or words such as ‘fear,’ ‘hate,’ etc… whatever it is that you feel or see).
8. As you inhale slowly through your nose say to yourself: “I accept all that IS.”
9. As you exhale through your mouth, say to yourself: “I release and let go of _________.” (You fill in the not-so-good feeling that you put into the balloon that you want to release and clear).
10. Continue to breath in and exhale slowly and…
11. Visualize holding scissors in your hand.
12. Now picture yourself cutting the balloon string (that is attached to your heart).
13. Take a slow deep breath in and as you exhale, blow your breathe on the balloon to air it away.
14. Watch the balloon (with the not-so-good feeling or thought inside) start to float away into the sky.
15. Keep breathing slowing, watching the balloon float away as a deep peaceful feeling starts to fill up your heart.
16. Wish the not-so-good feeling/thought inside the balloon well and say goodbye to it as the balloon is floating away becoming smaller and smaller until you no longer see the balloon.
17. Feel that peaceful feeling inside your heart and visualize that peaceful feeling radiating throughout your entire body.
~~~~Happy Breathing, Releasing and Letting Go!~~~~
“Remember to breathe. It is after all, the secret of life.” -Gregory Maguire
“For breath is life, and if you breathe well you will live long on earth.” -Sanskrit Proverb
*Repeat this exercise as many times as you feel. If you have tried this technique please feel free to share your experience or any thoughts in the comment box below. I would love to hear from you!
Believe in yourself and you can Kreate What U Want<3